Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (120): The Trouble with Fate: A Mystwalker Novel by Leigh Evans

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Trouble with Fate: A Mystwalker Novel
Author: Leigh Evans
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks
Publish Date: December 26, 2012

Publisher Description
 The first thrilling book in a new series about a half-blooded Fae.

My name is Hedi Peacock and I have a secret. I’m not human, and I have the pointy Fae ears and Were inner-bitch to prove it. As fairy tales go, my childhood was damn near perfect, all fur and magic until a werewolf killed my father and the Fae executed my mother. I’ve never forgiven either side. Especially Robson Trowbridge. He was a part-time werewolf, a full-time bastard, and the first and only boy I ever loved. That is, until he became the prime suspect in my father’s death…
Today I’m a half-breed barista working at a fancy coffee house, living with my loopy Aunt Lou and a temperamental amulet named Merry, and wondering where in the world I’m going in life. A pretty normal existence, considering. But when a pack of Weres decides to kidnap my aunt and force me to steal another amulet, the only one who can help me is the last person I ever thought I’d turn to: Robson Trowbridge. And he’s as annoyingly beautiful as I remember. That’s the trouble with fate: Sometimes it barks. Other times it bites. And the rest of the time it just breaks your heart. Again…

Why Jessica wants to read this: Snarky - check.  Supernatural creatures - check.  An amulet that is both temperamental and has a name....uh....check!
---Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave a link in the comments section!


  1. Nice! Haven't heard of that one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

  2. Well, this looks interesting. I haven't heard about it so I'll wait and see what you think! Have a great day!
    Check out my WoW pick.

  3. This one sounds REALLY interesting. Great pick! :D

    My WoW

  4. This book sounds really interesting and I've never heard of it before. Great pick!
    Truly Bookish

  5. i haven't heard of trouble with fate. sounds interesting though. i like my snarky characters :)

    our WoW.


  6. This sounds good - I haven't read many fae books actually, so might add this to my list.

  7. Hm, I haven't heard of this one either. I'll definitely have to check it out. Great pick!

  8. Oooh, snarky and bad-ass MC? Totally my style!

    Check out what I'm waiting on


  9. Great pick! I haven't heard of this but it sounds awesome. The protagonist sounds just like a character I would love.

    Thanks for visiting my post!

  10. I always love your picks Jessica, we have similar tastes in Whimsy lol

  11. This does sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,

  12. This is the first I've heard of this one---sounds like a fun read. I love the snarkiness!

  13. Interesting choice as I've never heard of this book.


  14. Thanks for giving me an new series to look forward to. Great WOW choice.

    Sherri @ http:\\

  15. Thanks for giving me an new series to look forward to. Great WOW choice.

    Sherri @ http:\\

  16. This sounds great and I hadn't heard of it before so thanks! :D

  17. This sounds neat! Fae books can be a hit or miss with me but I like to try them. Great pick!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.